- 24 large Australian Prawns
- 6 slices ciabatta cut into thick slices
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lebanese cucumber peeled & sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 500g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil to serve
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1tsp fennel seeds, ground
1. Preheat a barbeque or grill plate over a high heat.
2. Peel & devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
3. Brush the bread & prawns with oil, rub with garlic & season with salt & pepper.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until bread is charred & prawns are cooked through.
5. Allow to cool slightly.
6. Place cucumber, onion, tomatoes, prawns & bread into a bowl, season with salt & pepper & pour over dressing.
7. Toss to combine & allow to stand for 10-15 minutes.
8. Top with fresh basil to serve.
9. To make the dressing: place vinegar, oil & fennel seeds into a small bowl & mix to combine.