Fresh from the pages of the July issue of Country Style. Beautiful homes, delicious food and inspiring journeys of discovery to take. Whether you live there, or are contemplating a winter break across the pond, its essential reading…
- Walking across a narrow footbridge to visit the workshop of furniture maker Will Worsp in Raglan, a village on the west coast of New Zealand's North Island, was definitely a highlight. www.wrwandco.co.nz
- Kauri Cliffs is one of the most spectacular places I've visited. The food and service is second to none — the New Zealand PM is said to be a regular visitor and I can understand why. I was also fascinated to see behind the scenes on these lush 2400 hectares as it's not just one of the best golf courses in the world — it is also a working cattle and sheep property. To see more of Kauri Cliffs, visit homelife.com.au/lifestyle/things-we-love/kauri-cliffs-the-ultimate-weekend-escape
- Discovering the work of Gottfried Lindauer at the Auckland Art Gallery. Lindauer came to New Zealand in 1874 and is famous for his portraits of the prominent Māori chiefs who commissioned his work. www.aucklandartgallery.com
- Dr Feelgood icecreams — the most delicious ice creams you will ever taste. I promise. www.drfeelgood.co.nz/
- Black sand beaches — next time I go back, I've promised myself to go riding.
Photography : Mark Roper