- 500g lamb minc
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspooons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper
Tomato Couscous with mint
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g couscous
- 200ml tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- ½ cup pomegranate
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
Chilli Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chilli sauce or harissa
- ½ small garlic clove, finely grated
- In a food processor place the onions and garlic and process until chopped. Add the mince, mint leaves, smoked paprika and sumac and process until it becomes a cohesive mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile soak wooden skewers in water and make the couscous (see below)
- Divide the mince mixture into 12 portions and wrap around a skewer. It helps if your hands are wet and you “slap” the dough between your hands to make it firm up.
- Preheat grill and grill the kebabs until done, around 10 minutes or so.
- To make the tomato couscous saute the onion and garlic until soft. Add the couscous, passata and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Place the lid on and cook for 5-6 minutes or until grain swell and soak up the liquid. Season with salt and fluff with a fork. Add the mint, cherry tomatoes and pomegranate and season and salt.
- To make the chilli yogurt sauce, mix the yogurt, chilli sauce or harissa and garlic together. Serve lamb kebabs on the couscous with the yogurt sauce.
Serves 4 with 12 kebabs
All ingredients can be purchased from Woolworths Karrinyup.