BAKED SCALLOPS NDUJA (serves 10)
- 10 scallops in half shell
- 100g unsalted butter (softened)
- 100g Nduja paste
- Preheat the oven to 270C or as hot as it can get.
- Simply combine your nduja and soften butter until you have a uniform mixture.
- Place scallop on a baking tray and top with a generous teaspoon of nduja butter, place in the oven for 5 min or until scallops are just cooked and the butter is caramelised.
- Serve them hot, in the shells with a wedge of lime and enjoy.
STEAK AND CHIMICHURRI (serves 2-4)
- 2 porterhouse 250g steaks
- 1 bunch parsley
- 70ml olive oil
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- 2tsp dried oregano
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Season the steak generously with salt and cook over a grill on high or a preheated cast iron pan. Flip every 20-30secs for about 4-5mins until steak is at 48C for medium rare. Then allow the steak to rest.
- For the chimichurri, roughly chop the garlic & chilli, place into a food processor and add all the remaining ingredients. Pulse until everything is finely chopped - season with salt to taste.
- To serve, slice your rested steaks and top with a generous amount of your chimichurri.
HONEY & ROSEMARY ROAST FIGS WITH WHIPPED RICOTTA CROSTINI (serves 16)
- 8 figs
- Half a baguette
- 2tbsp honey
- 1/2 sprig of Rosemary
- 250g Ricotta
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Slice baguette into 1cm slices and toast in the oven for 2-5mins, flip half way through until crispy. And set aside to cool.
- Pull the leaves off the rosemary and finely dice, slice the figs and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper cut side up, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with rosemary, then roast in the oven for 10-12 mins until softened and slightly charred, then allow to cool.
- Place ricotta cheese into a processor and blitz until smooth.
- To serve, place a tablespoon of ricotta cheese onto the toasted baguette then top with half a fig and a small pinch of salt.
Pick up your ingredients from Aldi, Bakers Delight, Barrets Bakery, Coles, Graze & Tipple, Just For Your The Breadhouse, Karrinyup Fresh Market, Tenderwest, The Source Bulk Foods and Woolworths.