Blue Spirulina is a blue pigment derived from blue-green algae. It has a high nutritional content and is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and carotenoids. Blue Spirulina could help protect cells from damage, boost the immune system and your bodies metabolism, increase energy and improve digestion.
- 2 large frozen bananas, chopped
- 1/3 cup young coconut flesh (or 1/4 cup coconut milk)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp blue spirulina powder
- 2 drops pure lemon essential oil OR juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz on high until very smooth. You may need to use your tamper to get the mix blending.
- Pour into a bowl and top with optional toppings such as: coconut yoghurt, raw bulk chocolate, coconut, hemp seeds and fresh berries.
Recipe by Kath and Jade at @panaceas_pantry.
All ingredients can be purchased from Woolworths Karrinyup and My Healthy Place.